Fossil Diggers VR is a non-violent puzzle adventure game with globetrotting, puzzle solving, fossil digging, and dinosaur building—where dinosaurs come alive before your eyes. Think Indiana Jones meets Palaeontology.
In a world recovering from a devastating war, you are a returning soldier searching for employment. Giant fossils are being unearthed across the globe and you’re recruited by renegade scientist Dr Peggy Noon to help prove her outlandish theory that “dinosaurs” once existed.
Travel to uncharted locations, dig up fossils and piece them together to prove that dinosaurs once roamed the earth. Your search takes a dangerous turn when you uncover the mysterious Particle 58, and when Peggy goes missing it is up to you to reveal the truth behind the lie: that these magnificent creatures hold the key to understanding our past—and a warning for our future.
Awarded Unreal Dev Grant by Epic Games
First Public Showing at QODE Brisbane
Public Showing at Queensland Games Festival
Public Showing at Gamescom Cologne
Development in progress, looking for publishers
- Dig up, build, and watch as dinosaurs come alive before your eyes
- Solve environmental puzzles to access new dig sites
- Rock climb your way to new areas
- As you progress, watch the environment evolve from chaos to serenity
- Travel the world, each level in a new location with a new danger
Fossil Diggers VR is still in development, please contact us if you'd like to see more!
June 2023 Gameplay Update — YouTube
Explore Environments — Download
Uncover Fossils — Download
Build Dinosaurs — Download
See Dinosaurs — Download
Logo & Icon
Awards & Recognition
- "Unreal Dev Grant" Awarded by Epic Games on 19 March, 2019
- "Epic MegaGrant" Awarded by Epic Games on 21 January, 2023
About The Orphanage
- After the global financial crisis in 2008, Alex Stevens and Sean Gobey found themselves graduating to a barren Australian games industry. Thus they co-founded The Orphanage, a place local game developers can call home.
- More information on The Orphanage, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Fossil Diggers VR Credits
- Alex Stevens
- Founder, Technical Director, The Orphanage
- Sean Gobey
- Founder, Creative Director, The Orphanage
- Rosco Batten
- Sound Designer, Collaborator
- Steph Mowry
- Writer, Collaborator
- Jonathan Chua
- Character Artist, Collaborator
- Martin Binfield
- Animator, Collaborator
- Ranald Cilento
- Concept Artist, Collaborator